Hawkins and Scott was established over 150 years ago by the current owner (Grant Scott's) great great great grandfather.
Originally known as 'W. Hawkins Ltd' Cartage Contractors, based in the Elephant and Castle area of London. Back in those days work carried out was with the use of a horse and cart and the service provided was usually a 'wait and load' to building companies. One of the most significant jobs back in the early years was the clearing of waste for the 'Northern Line' tube which runs between Morden and Elephant and Castle.
Over the years the Company went on to work with the Major Newspaper Publishers / Printers clearing their waste at all their main offices in Fleet Street London and today still have that working relationship. This relationship started in 1928 when W. Hawkins Ltd was clearing the waste for Whitefriars Glass based at the junction of Whitefriars Street / Tudor Street in London. When Whitefriars Glass moved out of these premises and the Newspaper Group 'The Daily Mail' moved in W. Hawkins Ltd was asked to carry on clearing all waste at that building and all associated premises nearby.
During this time the Company has had a couple of name changes to incorporate father and son and son in-law partnerships reaching today's name of 'Hawkins and Scott'.
It has been over the last ten years that the current owner has increased the Company services; these now include the hire of skips, compactors, wheelie bin and recycling collections. Services and cliental have increased, but it has always remained vitally important that 'Hawkins and Scott' provide a quality and friendly service to all their clients, thus being 'small enough to care and large enough to cope'.